Saturday, March 2, 2013

Keep Searching

I hope that you trust your doctors since you are putting your life in their hands.  If you are not satisfied with an answer, search for it.  I was getting tired of hearing "post radiation".   Every symptom etc. was labeled "post radiation."  Now that I am 14 months out of radiation, I began to question more why I was so tired.  The oncologist finally sent me to a neologist.  He was given the task to figure out why I have "foggy" times and am so tired.  He thought I needed a sleep study for sleep apnea.  The insurance company wasn't so willing.  I appreciate the fact that he took time to call the insurance company himself and fight for the test.  To me that is a sign of a good Dr.   He did not leave it up to the nurses and paperwork, but did it himself.  Sunday night, I had a sleep study.  It was very interesting.  I sleep all night at the hospital hooked up to sensors.  If I opened my eyes, the nurse in another room knew it and talked to me.  The test showed that I needed a CPAP machine.  This will make sure I get enough oxygen at night.  Hopefully soon I won't be tired and "foggy".

Keep Fighting,

Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment