Saturday, November 24, 2012

I did it!

I told you that I wanted to go on a hike and I did.  I will put some pictures of the hike on this post. It was a beautiful day, and perfect to connect with nature.  My son and I enjoy taking pictures so we turned this into a photo safari.  It is amazing how a simple task like walking can become so exhilarating.
We decided if it is not snowing next year, we will hike somewhere again.  When I think how I felt last Thanksgiving and compare it to this year, it shows that perseverance pays off.  I was looking at beginning radiation last year and not being able to travel for Christmas.  That was a somber event in my life.  This year, I am out hiking and rejoicing.  I know that there are tired days and aches. You have to look at the whole picture and be the optimist.  If you or someone is in  the middle of treatment, remind them that the future is bright.  It might be a long trial and seem like it never ends, but the sun will come out.

Keep Fighting

Cathy





No comments:

Post a Comment