Saturday, November 3, 2012

Why do we put off exercise?

    This week just flew by.   I am being to ask my family about Christmas!  It is coming.  A good thing is that tonight we set the clocks back and get one more hour of sleep.  This week I was trying to fight a cold.  I might have won this battle, but I know another one will be around the corner.  I went for a walk tonight and my son said, it's too cold out there.  I told myself that all day, but finally gave in and put on my winter coat and mittens.  It was fine.  Why when I know that exercise is especially important, I still put it off?  What is it about exercise that we can rationalize not doing it?   I am so guilty of this. It is like a roller coaster. I do good and then I fall back. We know that weight and reoccurrence of cancer are linked, but why is it so hard?   I hope next week I can tell you that I did better.  You will have to check back to see.  In the mean time, enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

Keep fighting,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment