Sunday, June 2, 2013

Survivors

June 2 is National Cancer Survivor Day!  Congratulations to all you out there!  Last week I passed my 2 year milestone.  Am I a different person from 2 years ago?  You bet!  I am better.  They say that there is a BC an a AC (Before Cancer and After Cancer).  This is so true.  We are all better for what we have accomplished by beating this disease.  Everyday is a milestone.  This morning in church a song was sung talking about how trials are God's blessing in disguise.  He uses them to mold and make us better. I cried through the whole song.  I could relate to the entire song.  God has molded me all along the way these past two years.  It has help mold my family too!  I am excited to see my youngest son graduate from high school Saturday.  Two years ago I wondered if I would be here to see this day.  In 1993 my father was diagnosed with cancer and 30% chance of living.  He took experimental chemo and he will also be here to see his grandchild graduate.  We are survivors and also fighters.  Don't give up the fight.  Remember there is a purpose for everything, we just don't always know what it is.  When you can't see the forest from the trees....keep going.

Keep fighting,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment