Friday, July 27, 2012

Sorry I haven't posted, but I was at an education conference in Bozeman, Montana.  It was a great week and I learned many things for my classroom.  I also learned many things about friendship.  If you are like me, you don't want the cancer or your illness to be a burden to anyone else.  I again realized I have made incredible friends.  One of the days of the trip we went to Yellowstone National Park.  I hadn't been there for 20 some years and it was good to see the geysers again.  One evening we participated in a version of "amazing race".  I was having trouble that week with breathing and fatigue. I tried to get out of the race, but they were willing to have me on the team.  We did a great job, but towards the end, I just could not breathe.  They begged the university for a wheel chair and took turns wheeling me to the finish line!  We didn't win, but we got the team spirit award!   Even after chemo and radiation we still will have bad days.  Remember tomorrow is a new day and don't be afraid to ask a friend for help.  Friends don't forget to ask if they need help.
I am still looking for some comments on lymphedemia.  Any little ideas on how you manage this problem would be great .  We all learn from each other.  Just post them in the comment sections.


Keep Fighting Cancer


Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment