Saturday, October 6, 2012

    Fall is here.  Today it was chilling.  Last weekend we were able to go to county park and see the beautiful trees with their awesome colors.  I am glad I live where there are seasons that have visible change. Sometimes the snow grows old.  The leaves remind me that life has changes.  There is something special in each era of live. Enjoy whatever part of live you are in now.  The Lord has made each era special.


      I've had a very busy week. It seems like the weekend goes by so fast too!  Why is that?  I must be looking somewhat normal.  A friend and I went in a local ice cream shop today.  The lady who waited on me is someone I only know casually   She said to me"you cut your hair! It looks nice."  I just smiled and said thanks.  My friend and I just looked at each other and smiled.   
    It does get tiring when strangers ask about my arm and glove.  I don't mind talking about it with friends and people that know me.  I know they really care and are concerned and praying for me.  I had a salesman bring it up three times the other day.  I just brushed it off every time.  It just became almost rude.  I need to become more patient.  The kids at school ask often, but that doesn't bother me. They are  young, concerned and truly want to know.  It is good for them to learn.  Lymphedemia  is not  well known by others.  The more people learn, the more they will understand. When I am shopping etc. I look for others who might be in sleeves and gloves, but I don't seem to see anyone.  There are no doubt others out there.  I would love to talk to them and find more tips for treating it.  

Keep fighting!

Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment