Friday, October 26, 2012

Someone Like Me

 I was at a conference today looking at the exhibits when I met someone else who had lympedemia.  I have been wearing my sleeve for a year, but have never seen anyone with one on too! I am not glad this person had a sleeve, but it was nice to talk directly to someone who understands.  We were able to chat for a little while and I learned that she was a 7 year survivor.  She used to wear a glove, but now does not have too.  It made me realize that maybe this is a phase for me.  While we were talking, a passerby overhead and told us that she was a one year survivor also.  There is an immediate bond with fellow survivors.   Embrace that bond and encourage each other.  We are the ones who know first hand.  Although each instance is different, we can help each other.

Keep Fighting

Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment